Saturday, August 4, 2012

Gabriella's Birthday Party!

Last Saturday was Gabriella's birthday party.  They planned a hawaiian theme party which was a lot of fun.  As you walked in the door we were each given a lei.  The house was all decorated with hawaiian decorations.  Even the front yard had lots of decorations.  They planned games for outside but with the weather being VERY hot they had to cut them short.  They served cupcakes, ice cream and fruit kabobs.  As the guest left they recieved a cookie on a stick decorated with icing. 
Gabriella seemed to enjoy all the attention and was a very good hostess!  :)
My husband and I were talking about this past year and cannot believe how fast it has gone.  We have enjoyed every moment of watching Gabriella grow and change every month.  From smiling, making funny faces, trying to say dada & mama, to trying new foods, walking and holding out her hands, smiling and wanting us to pick her up!  Elyssa is so good at sending us videos and pictures of Gabriella.  As of this moment I have 2,371 pictures and 283 videos on my phone.  I think about 95% is of my grandbaby!  :)  (I know!  I have to save them in my computer!)
Praise the Lord for the year of life and health He has given her!  We are very grateful and thankful!  We look forward to the upcoming years to come as we watch her grow and see how many more the Lord adds to our family!  :)

I started walking 1 1/2 weeks before my birthday!
We took Gabriella for a day and took her shopping! :)

Playing with her new toys. 
Grandpa Zapata made this beautiful sign for her b-day party.


Let the party begin!!!!

Uncle David being a nut!

Game time!








Happy Birthday to me!

Yummmm!  My very own cupcake!  And look how big! :D

Don't bother me!

Yay!  Time for presents!


Ohh ohh!  This girl is going to love clothes!

From my uncles Danny, David & Andres



Great-grandpa/grandma Dominguez

I made cookie pops for the party!  They were very easy!  For those interested, here's how.


CAKE COOKIE POPS


1 BOX OF CAKE MIX OF YOUR CHOICE
1/2 CUP OIL
2 EGGS

MIX THE 3 INGREDIENTS IN A MIXING BOWL UNTIL ALL IS COMBINED WELL. 
PLACE 2 T OF BATTER PER COOKIE ON AN UNGREASED COOKIE SHEET.  MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE PLENTY OF ROOM IN BETWEEN THE COOKIES SO THEY HAVE ROOM TO BAKE.  BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 9 MINUTES. 

WHILE COOKIES ARE STILL HOT, CAREFULLY INSERT THE STICKS IN THE COOKIES.  WHEN YOU REMOVE THE COOKIES FROM THE COOKIE SHEET TO A COOLING RACK BE SURE YOU USE A SPATULA OR PANCAKE TURNER.  DO NOT PICK UP BY THE STICK OR IT WILL BREAK THE COOKIE.

AFTER COOKIES HAVE COOLED, FROST WITH YOUR FAVORITE FROSTING. 
YOU CAN ALSO DECORATE WITH SPRINKLES, CRUSHED CANDY OR WRITE A MESSAGE WITH FROSTING PENS.  (FOUND AT WAL-MART, MADE BY WILTON)








Taken on my birthday.


1 comment:

  1. She is such a beauty, and that party looks like it was quite the birthday bash! How fun!

    ReplyDelete