Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ordination Service 1986

It was 26 years ago this evening that my husband was ordained to the ministry by Dr. Jack Hyles. 
A lot has happened in those 26 years of the ministry.  Many blessings, trials, laughter, tears, victories, the privilege of helping others and on and on we could add that happens in being in the ministry. 
As a teen girl I never dreamed I'd be in full-time Christian service.  For that matter go to a Christian college.  But with a grateful heart I am so thankful the Lord guided me to do so and doing full-time what I am doing, being a pastor's wife. 
As for my husband, he loves to preach!  He can't picture himself doing anything else in this world.  He loves studying the Bible, teaching the Bible in our Wednesday night Bible studies and of course preaching and helping our people.
We are one happy couple serving the Lord!  :)

 August 16, 1986
August 16, 1986

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on such a milestone! Those are some very precious keepsake pictures too. :-)

    ReplyDelete