Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Circle of Protection!

Last Friday night I held our bi-monthly ladies missionary circle meeting.  The theme was "My Circle of Protection".  The lesson was taught by Mrs. Marlene Evans when I was attending Hyles-Anderson College.  Since it has been over 25 years that I heard the teaching.....I couldn't remember much about what she taught but seemed to remember the main idea, so I added my own teaching to her idea.  I had my circle leaders bring things that were important to them and found joy in having them.  Some of the items were the Bible, pictures of family, flowers, plants, a table fountain, baby shoes of their children, candles and on and on.   
Life will bring unexpected changes in our lifes.  Changes that sometimes leave empty spots in our lifes.  For example, our children leaving for college, getting married and moving far away, an unexpected death or a loved one becoming ill.  Alot of times our reaction is to leave those empty spaces in our lifes and try to cope.  We need to fill in those spaces with other things:  God's Word, our spouses, our children, investing time in others, or involvement in church.
Personally there have been lots of changes in my life in the past few years.  Elyssa, Danny and David leaving for college, Elyssa getting married and preparing for motherhood, and now leaving shortly for full time deputation to then move to the Philippins and to think they have the nerve to take our grandaughter!  (Just Kidding!)  I can't just sit and be sad that I don't have them here and that the nest is slowly emptying!  I still have a husband to care for and our son Andres.  I fill my time with them!  I fill my time and sometimes loneliness with my ladies at church, my S.S. Class, winning souls, and so many other things that I enjoy! 
Mrs. Evans was a great teacher!  I learned so many things from her that I will carry with me for the rest of my life!  May this teaching be a help and a blessing to you as well!  :)

After the teaching we divide into our individual circles and read monthly or bi-monthly letters from our missionaries, pray for them, sign birthday and anniversary cards or discuss anything else concerning our missionaries.












No comments:

Post a Comment