Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thank you Lord for my unexpected blessing!

You know how the Lord gives us those extra little blessings that are unexpected and would think they wouldn't happen?  Well He did that for me Wednesday night as if I wasn't blessed enough by the whole evening!  (It was such a blessing, I didn't want the evening to come to an end!  Nor did alot of the teens!)
After the service and spending time with the people we knew at TC we went to IHOP with our son, Andres, our daughter, Elyssa and son n law Jared.  We walked in the front door and my husband went up to the hostess to get a table and she looked at him and said, "Pastor Ortiz?"  And he said "Yes?"  (He was not sure who she was and of course she asked him if he remembered her!  I looked at her and thought she looked familiar but didn't know her name.  Then she said, "I'm Margarita !"  Then I knew!  When we were living in Longview and my husband was the spanish pastor she attended our church.  At the time she was a bus rider around 8 years old and was in my S.S. class.  We hugged!  It was sooo good to see her again after 12-13 years.  I never knew what happened to her.  When I'd go visit her every Friday I use to hate to say good-bye not knowing how the rest of her weekend would be knowing her dad was a very heavy drinker. 
We had a very nice talk and reminisced about old times and how she was so faithful to church. 
That happening I must say topped my night!

Margarita and I

No comments:

Post a Comment