Saturday, July 16, 2011

Patiently waiting.....

Our daughter, Elyssa doesn't have much time until she has Gabriella.  I can't tell you how excited I am!  I find myself day dreaming about her arrival and picturing myself holding her and kissing her little face and imagining her first cry!
Well, Gabriella is teasing us!  We keep having false hopes that she is coming and then she changes her mind!  LOL! 
I have been working a lot getting things done at home and my work at church so that when the time comes I can be able to take off for the hospital.
Last December when Danny and David came home for Christmas break, my husband, myself, Andres, Jared and Elyssa went to the airport to pick them up.  We then came to the house and had dinner together.  Well, Jared said he wanted to start off the Christmas holidays with their gift to us.  They gift wrapped a box and had me open it.  Inside was an envelope and they asked me to read it out loud.  I  want to share with you a poem that Jared wrote for our family when he and Elyssa told us the news that we were going to be grandparents. 

Christmas Surprise

Christmas is here and all are together
A time we have waited for, a time for excitement
To share in memories that we'll hold to forever
A time to be grateful, a time for enlightenment.

What joys and mysteries, that are revealed
As every package brings new emotions
These joys we hold, never again concealed
Binding and trying all existing devotions

In the mist of all, we bring to remembrance
The good times shared with all its laughter
Times of encouragement and giving of confidence
For goals to reach and ambition to go farther.

Knowing all this, I add to your lives
With hugs and kisses you will adorn
Each time my joy fills your eyes
When the time is come and I am born!

1 comment:

  1. I love being able to stay connected with you in this way. Thanks for posting. I love you and I love knowing what's going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete