Monday, November 21, 2011

Girl Time! :)

Last Thursday while Jared was away at a missions' conference and my husband was away preaching in Mexico, Elyssa, Gabriella and I thought we needed some girl time together!  (Grandma, daughter & granddaughter)
So Thursday I went to pick them up and bring them home for a few days.  Before that I went to the store and bought some favorite things that I know Elyssa likes.  I was also able to cook a few of her favorite meals.  We had some relaxing time and watched the whole "Love Comes Softly" series together and of course what every girl time consists of ..........we went to the mall!  :)  Gabriella was so good!  She's a shopper in the making! :)
I am so thankful for the daughter that God gave me!  And now son-n-law and granddaughter!  We have a great relationship and have such an enjoyable time together!
I would just like to encourage those of you that still have your daughters at home, to make these years good and enjoyable!  We have them for such a short time and before you know it they are grown and married!  Spend time with them!  We should never be to busy to listen to them or talk to them.  One of our most enjoyable times together was late at night sitting on her bed talking or sometimes laughing. You know how it is when you can't laugh loud cause everyone's sleeping.  It's the time when you laugh the hardest.  Sometimes it was a time when we cried or prayed together.
I'd like to say also that my mom and I have a great relationship.  God has been so good to me to give me a godly mother that has loved me and taught me so many things! 
It's never too late to give your best to your relationship with your mom or daughter!
May today be the start of new beginnings!


My grandmommy is coming soon to get us.


At the mall


"I'll take this hat!"

My uncle Andres and me!

I love my mommies kisses!

"Yes, I was good in Sunday School!"

"Well maybe not the whole time!"


"I am loved!!!"  :)

1 comment:

  1. So precious and such an encouragement to me to spend some special one-on-one time with my 4-year old daughter. :-) She's too young to enjoy the girly movies yet, but there are some things she already enjoys that makes her different from her three brothers! LOL!

    ReplyDelete