Monday, February 27, 2012

Thank God for Heaven!

Pastor (Coach) Gillespie and the team



Last Thursday my family and I attended the funeral of a dear friend in the ministry who was also our sons' basketball coach and the pastor of the church that sponsors the christian school where all four of our children have attended and graduated from.
Pastor John Gillespie went to be with the Lord last Saturday, February 18th.  Pastor Gillespie left such a positive impression on our lives that we will never forget.  Such a giving person and always willing to help anyone in need.  He also had a great heart for missions! 
We will take many memories with us as we live day by day without him.  I ask that you please remember his family in your prayers.  His sweet wife Rose, his son Timothy and his youngest son Josh.  Also, please pray for his church members as they have lost their spiritual leader. 
I honestly don't know how those that don't believe in Heaven handle the death of a loved one.  All I know is I thank God for Heaven because I know that someday I will see them again!

1 comment:

  1. We heard about this, but we did not have the pleasure of meeting Bro. Gillespie. Praying for his dear wife and children!

    ReplyDelete