Monday, February 13, 2012

A year without soda!



WOW!  I didn't think I could do it but we did!  The Lord and I. :)
Last year, a year ago today I went cold turkey!  I knew soda wasn't good for me (or anyone for that matter) but I was so addicted to it and I drank it all the time!  I drank it like water.  When I was thirsty I would drink soda, when I ate I drank soda or when I was trying to stay awake for one reason or another I would drink soda! 
I have felt so much better!  My joints don't hurt as much and I just feel better over all! 
Some of the effects of soda are as follows:
  • We age faster.  Who wants to do that!
  • Weight gain because of the sugar.
  • Not a healthy substance.  There is no nutritional value.
  • It's linked to tooth decay and brittle bones.
Not to mention some of the ingredients it contains:
  • Phosphoric acid-May interfere with our ability to use up calcium which may lead to osteoporosis.
  • Sugar-Leads to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease and diabetes.
  • Aspartame-(in diet sodas)  Several health side effects are possible: brain tumors, birth defects, diabetes and seizures.
  • Caffine-Can cause jitters, insomnia, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat and vitamin and mineral depletion.
Sad to say we are such an addicting nation to soda we drink it anyway because it tastes so good!  I'm not saying I have a lot of character to have quit.  What I am saying is that I realized that I wanted to be healthier and did it with God's help! 
There is so much more I would like to do for the Lord and I know that not being in good health can slow me down.  I want to better serve Him in everyway I can. 
One of my favorite songs is "Only One Life".  We only have one life, one chance to serve the Lord!  That is my desire!

2 comments:

  1. Buen ejemplo de diciplina hermana...buen trabajo...
    hermana Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so glad you can say you reached your goal! It is so easy to set such great New Year's resolutions, but so many of us never make it to the end, and YOU DID!!!

    ReplyDelete