Monday, September 12, 2011

Puerto Rico!

On Friday, September 2nd my husband left for Santo Domingo to preach a three day conference and on the following Monday he traveled to Puerto Rico to preach another conference.  That same day I flew to Puerto Rico and met him there.  He had already been picked up by some friends of ours and then waited in the area until I landed.  We then went to eat dinner for some long awaited Puertorican food!!!  From there our friends Jose Miguel & Elsita Rivera took us to our hotel.  My husband made reservations at a resort on the beach.  It was soooo beautiful!  Long story short, we received a gift card and got a great discount on the hotel and so that made it possible to spend a few nights there until the conference started on Wednesday. 
Elsita and I at the Puertorican Restaurant.

Elsita was one of our teens when my husband was pastor in Puerto Rico.  It's a blessing to know she is still very much involved in church with her husband.  They love the Lord!

The four of us "pigged out"! :)
Pictured are typical foods such as tostones (fried plantains), fish, mofongo with garlic chicken on top(fried smashed plantains with garlic), white rice and beans.


In the courtyard of the resort.


View from our window.


In the courtyard

The beach at the resort.

My wonderful & handsome husband! :)






Leaving the resort.


Revival Conference

Pastor Luis Martinez

My husband preaching.

My husband, myself and Pastor & Mrs. Luis Martinez and family.

My husband, myself and Elsita & Jose Miguel Rivera

 Miss Lula Vergara with my husband and I.
Miss Lula was my husband's secretary in Puerto Rico, Florida and Longview, TX. 
A total of 13 1/2 years. 
She was and always will be a blessing in our lifes!  We love you Miss Lula!


RAIN!!!!!

We were sooo excited to see rain since Texas doesn't believe in it! Lol!


My husband had the opportunity to preach in a Bible College.

He also had the opportunity to visit some of his family while in Puerto Rico.




I want to say a special thank you to Jose Miguel and Elsita for letting us stay in their home!  It is such a beautiful and peaceful place to stay.  It's up in the mountains and the scenery is such an eyeopener to the beauty that God has created!  Thank you both for your hospitality! 





We had a great time while in PR! We accomplished many things! Time with each other, seeing friends and family, enjoying Puertorican food, enjoying the beautiful scenery, hearing my husband preach and.....shopping! :) 


I thought I'd share a little of the ocean with you!  :)














1 comment: