Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ortiz Family Reunion

Wow! Things have been so busy!!!!  (When aren't they! LOL!)
It all started when my husband left on Monday the 15th for Monterrey, Mexico to preach a Revival Conference and wasn't returning until Friday the 19th.  Whenever he goes out of town my schedule gets very full for some reason.  I had my normal church duties, home duties and needed to get ready for a full house.  Moms, you know how it is when we are having company.  We have to clean the house real good! Maybe change the furniture around, hang up some new decorations and on and on.  Well, there I go!  I cleaned all the blinds, washed curtains, cleaned the carpet, hung some new decorations, cleaned my garden, Andres cut the grass, cleaned the bathrooms, dusted, mopped, prepared a menu with all the requested meals my boys wanted, prepared a packed schedule of things we wanted to do with the kids and then made a daring trip to Walmart to do groceries for all these people!  :)  I must say it was a very tiring but profitable week!  One night I stayed up till 5:00 a.m. so I could get things finished and got up at 8:00 a.m. to begin the next day.  I didn't mind though!  I was just too excited to have all our family home. 
Jared, Elyssa and Gabriella came over Friday just in time to go with Andres and I to pick up my husband from the airport.  Of course when he saw her he forgot about the rest of us that came to get him!  That's ok, I would have done the same thing!  We then went to lunch and relaxed the rest of the evening.  Saturday we all went soul winning and then straight to the airport to get Danny and David. 
Needless to say we had such a great time during their visit!  I know it was so short (4 days) but we made it very memorable!  Yes it's hard when our children are living so far away and time together is so short and limited but there's nothing like having peace in your heart when you know they are where God wants them and in the center of His will!

On our way to the airport.


Welcome Home uncle Danny & uncle David!


Gabriella with uncle Danny.

Gabriella with uncle David.

Relaxing and waiting to eat dinner! :)

Preparing a song to sing in church Sunday.

Sunday morning waiting to go to Sunday School!



Jared and Elyssa singing during their missionary presentation.

Jared giving his missions presentation.


On Monday we went to Sears Portrait Studio and had family pictures taken.  We were there 4 hours!!!  We all had to work around Gabriella's eating and sleeping schedule but we didn't mind!  :) 
Here are just a few of the pictures we took.  Hope you enjoy! 












Before we knew it Wednesday morning arrived when we all had to say good-bye until the next time.  We had such a great time!  We laughed, reminised, shared happenings and last but not least enjoyed the baby of the family... no not Andres but Gabriella!  I'm so thankful we were able to have this time
together before starting another busy school year! 

Getting ready to leave for the airport and Andres' first day of his Senior year!

Getting ready to go through security at the airport.

Until next time!  Lord willing they will be home again at Christmas time! :)




1 comment:

  1. love this pics!!! God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete