Saturday, October 15, 2011

Living A Prepared Life!

We had our last missionary circle meeting of the year last night.  These are bi-monthly meetings we have with a Christmas party in December to end the year.
The theme this month was "Living A Prepared Life".  The room was decorated with purses hanging all around the room.  Of course that was an attention getter for my ladies!  LOL!  We love purses! 
I opened with a game, "What's in your purse"?  As I called out certain items, they had to hold it up to receive a point.  The lady with the most points received a little purse.  I also gave out a little purse with the one who had the largest purse and the one who had the most unusual item in her purse which was an attachment to a vacuum cleaner!  We had a good laugh!  (She cleans houses.) :
I then taught the ladies, which I used the purse as an example.  The things we carry in our purses serve the purpose of holding things that prepare us for different situations.  We carry kleenex incase we sneeze, lotion if our hands are dry, Advil if we have a headache and so on. 
I picked 4 areas in our lives that we should work at being prepared as christian ladies. 
  1. Our character
  2. Schedule/Organizing
  3. Physically
  4. Spiritually
Just like our purses hold things that help us be prepared for different situations, our lives need to be prepared for the different situations that may come.
Such a simple teaching but I think it's something we all need to be reminded of.  The key is to never stop learning!   



 












1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea for a lesson! I'm sure your ladies loved it!

    ReplyDelete