Friday, May 6, 2011

Appreciating what we have!

Today I had the priviledge of meeting a young widow who is also a mother of two young children.  I went to her home with the sole purpose of helping her anyway I could and to give her a book that I thought would be a help and a blessing to her.  This book was written by a young widow and mother of two children as well. 
As I sat and talked to her I could see how much she loved her husband and missed him dearly!  Her husband was a strong healthy young man and at one time played for the Dallas Cowboys.  He began to feel ill when they soon found out that he had cancer.  He only lasted 44 days! 
As we talked and agreed that God is in control of everything I began to think how much we take for granted our health, our safety and our loved ones.
I will not post any pictures or anymore details for the privacy of this sweet christian lady.  But I will ask that you pray for her.  It's been only 3 months that he's gone to heaven and I know that she has a long road ahead of her.  Please pray for her and her two children!
I want to encourage you all who read this to always appreciate your spouses, children and other loved ones.  Sometimes we do unnecessary complaining!  Thank God we have husbands that leave their shoes in the middle of the room or pants hanging on the bedposts.  Or children who need to be told several times to clean their room, finish their food or do their homework.
I have to say I left her home feeling that I had been helped.  I realize that all that I have is but for a time.  Let's not take for granted what we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment