Monday, May 30, 2011

Back home again!

Yesterday was a great day!  Wow! What a blessing it was to be in Iglesia Biblica Bautista.  Pastor Ramos asked my husband to preach the morning service instead of teaching Sunday School, so we attended Pastor Ramos' Married Couples Sunday School class.  We really enjoyed the class!
The church was full with the attendance of 1,900 people and there was such a tremendous spirit! 
My husband preached a great sermon entitled "Spiritual Sacrifices".  Many decisions were made at the altar.  I was so proud of him like I always am!  :)  I love seeing the Lord use him!
Pastor and Mrs. Ramos took us out for lunch along with Mrs. Ramos' mom, Mary Lou Kappenman, Evangelist Salvador Aguilar and a young man from their church.  Then we were taken to the hotel for a few hours before being picked up for the college graduation. 
The graduation was a beautiful service.  They had 50 graduates!  The Lord is definetly using this ministry to minister in Mexico and other parts of the world!  With their graduates alone they have started many churches.  My husband preached "The power of your influence".  Once again, he did a great job!  I too was challenged to be more of the right kind of inflence to others. 
Not only did we enjoy being a part of the services and spending time with Pastor and Mrs. Ramos but we were able to see many people that we haven't seen in years and I was able to meet some of our missionary wifes that I have never met before. 

The choir singing in the Sunday morning service.

A full house on Sunday morning.  Only adults fit in the auditorium.


Sunday morning preaching!




Evening Service
                                       The choir sang from the balcony for the graduation.
                   
Graduating class of 2011

My husband encouraging the graduates to be an influence.

Invitation time

Mrs. Gloria Carrillo and myself

Missionary Refugio Carrillo and family, missionaries in Mexico with my husband and myself.
Our church supports them monthly.

Mrs. Sobrevilla and myself.
Her husband and her are missionaries to France.
Our church also supports them.

Pastor Jesus Mendez and family and myself. 
They are dear friends of my husband and I.

My husband and I with dating couple Vanessa and Paco. 
Vanessa is in language school and Paco has one more year left in college.


This dear lady's testimony was a blessing to me!

This is Mrs. Mary Lou Kappenman, Mrs. Ramos' mom.  She became a widow in her mid 4o's.  After the death of her husband, the Lord spoke to her heart to serve Him as a missionary.  So at the age of 47 she enrolled in college and moved in the dorms as a college student!  After graduating from college she went on deputation to raise her support while in her 50's. 
After much prayer and waiting on the Lord she knew where the Lord wanted her to serve.  She is in San Luis Potosi, Mexico on the college staff. 

Mrs. Karen Ramos and myself.

My husband and I.
We had a wonderful time here in Mexico!!!!!

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment