Saturday, May 28, 2011

A day out with my husband!

Today was a really nice day spent with my husband!  We visited with some friends that we have here in the area and had lunch together.  Then we hit the plaza!  Oh so many people!  Some shopping and some trying to make any amount of money they could by selling newspapers, fruit, playing instruments for a donation or just holding out their hand.  While there we passed out tracts and shared the gospel.
We did some shopping and picked out some cute things for our grandbaby and our 5 kids.  I really enjoy being with my husband on  his preaching trips but part of my heart is always with my children no matter how old they are! 
We spent the majority of the day in the plaza!  It was fun but after 5 hours in the heat, I was ready for something cold to drink, a chair to sit on and air condition!  So then came the hard part.... flagging down a taxi!  We are sort of use to walking to our own vehicle and driving off!  Well, that wasn't the case! So there we were on the corner trying to get a taxi but they would all be full and they would just drive by looking at us.  After about 30 minutes I told my husband maybe we should walk pass those people over there because by the time the taxi gets to us they've gotten in.  So we did.  But then they would move and get ahead of us!  It was crazy!  So we walked to the center of the plaza and finally got a taxi!  As we drove off and passed others trying to flag down a taxi  I asked my husband if we looked that way as taxis drove by us!  He agreed, we did! :)
We got to our hotel room and relaxed for a little bit then Pastor and Mrs. Luis Ramos picked us up and we had dinner together.  They are such a sweet and wonderful couple.  I am very excited to see their work here in San Luis Potosi!  Tomorrow will be a busy day with church and the college graduation.  We will also be seeing several friends here that we have not seen in years and I'm looking forward to that. 
Here are a few pictures from todays events. :)


This morning in the hotel lobby.


In the plaza

People shopping

Shopping for Gabriella!

I didn't know the Flinestones could speak spanish!  Lol!

1 comment: